Here are the peacemaking services that I provide:
1. Collaborative Divorce Attorney Representation: Under this model, I represent one of the spouses as a Collaborative-trained Divorce Attorney (and the other spouse hires another Collaboratively-trained Attorney) as part of an optional team of collaborative professionals, to meet the emotional, financial, and parenting needs of the family. A minimum of two collaboratively-trained attorneys is needed to proceed. A full team would consist of two Collaborative Attorneys, two divorce coaches (one for each spouse), one financial neutral, and one child specialist. Hiring a full team of collaborative professionals is usually less costly than than just two litigation attorneys using the court to resolve the dispute, and, more importantly, the Collaborative team approach is much more holistic and less traumatic for all members of the family, both in the short and long-term.
Check out this informative video. (If using a desktop or laptop computer, please use your mouse and place on the hyperlink above, and right-click on “open link into new window” and if needed, following the procedures to install Microsoft Silverlight. If you are using a Mac, please use Safari, rather than Google Chrome, to open and view the video.) This video shares an actual couple’s journey through their Collaborative Divorce.
I follow and meet the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals’ (IACP)’s Ethical and Practitioner Standards.
2. Mediator in Collaborative Divorce Mediation Hybrid: In this model, utilized in select cases, I am a Collaborative Divorce Mediator, or a neutral third party who facilitates communication between the parties while they work to arrive at their own solutions. The couple works with me as their Mediator to arrive at an agreed-to Divorce Decree. Keep in mind that in my role as Mediator, I do not function as one or either party’s attorney, and as such, I encourage each of the parties to seek a consulting Collaborative Attorney to review any agreement prior to signing. This hybrid method combines the advantages of of me as Mediator collaborating with one divorce coach and a financial neutral (and with Collaborative Attorneys to review the proposed Agreement), with the simplicity of mediation with respect to shortened time and cost-savings. The Collaborative Mediation method is significantly less expensive than the traditional two litigation attorney adversarial model, and is much healthier for all family members, both in the short and long-term.
Here are some additional services that I offer:
3. Legal Coaching, Consulting, and Document Drafting.
4. Post Nuptial Agreements, in a role as Attorney to one of the spouses.
5. Collaborative Marriage and Relationship Planning, which is sharing expectations prior to marriage and setting forth an agreement for the first 3 to 5 years of marriage, which would increase the likelihood of a successful marriage.
6. Marital and Relationship Mediation, in a role as impartial Mediator, when the goal of both parties is to work on their relationship and remain married.
Call me today, at: (808) 263-6299. Or, email me, at: Lisa@PonoDivorce.com. We’ll schedule a consultation meeting, to discuss the various options available to you and your family.